What You Should Know if Buying Your Frames Outside of Dunlap Vision
You have the right to your eyeglasses prescription, and, as a patient at Dunlap Vision (DV), you will always be provided with a copy. We hope you’ll want to buy your eyeglasses from our office, and we believe we offer the best value available when you consider service, quality and price. If you decide to shop elsewhere for glasses, we certainly understand. We will be pleased to provide your eye examinations and eye health care.
Local opticians and optical shops generally do a good job of filling our prescriptions, but we have some concern with the use of eyeglasses vendors over the Internet. Fitting eyeglasses properly involves precise measurements, unbiased advice based on your needs and skillful adjustments of the frame and lenses. Because Internet vendors do not actually meet with you in person, they cannot provide those services. We provide all the optical services needed at no additional cost for patients who buy eyeglasses at DV, but we cannot provide them for glasses purchased elsewhere.
To avoid confusion and disappointment with glasses purchased elsewhere, here is a list of services we provide and those we do not. Please check with the eyeglasses vendor to determine return and refund policies in the event problems occur.
The service we provide for eyeglasses purchased outside of our office:
- Prescription verification – we will verify the basic lens parameters in new glasses to see if it matches your prescription. We will also recheck the refraction test to confirm the prescription is correct if necessary. This will be done at no charge within 30 days of the new eyeglasses prescription. We will not troubleshoot optical measurements taken by others. Visual problems may result if a correct prescription is made with inaccurate optical measurements. Correction or changes in the glasses will be up to you and the eyeglasses seller.
The following services or measurements are not available if you purchase glasses elsewhere. These measurements should be provided by the optician fitting the glasses.
- Pupillary Distance
- Seg height
- Vertical optical center
- Custom measurements for Position of Wear (“POW’)
- Eye Size
- Bridge Size
- Temple length
- Frame model and color
- Lens material and index
- Multifocal design and brand
- Optional lens features – such as tints, coatings, etc.
- Eyeglasses dispensing adjustment
- Education and training on lens and frame features and care
- Ongoing adjustments
- Minor repairs