Dunlap Vision ReOpening & Offering Appointments!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the safety and well-being of our patients, staff and doctors is our first priority. Our team will continue to go above and beyond the expectations for optometry practices so that everyone who enters our practice will feel safe. We are sure that you are well aware of the concerns about COVID-19, and we would like you to know the steps we are taking. These measures include, but are not limited to:
An Expectations Checklist—For All of Us
- Your temperature will be taken before your appointment.
- Anyone who enters the building will be required to wear a face mask. If a patient does not have a mask, we will provide one at the front door.
- We may ask you to leave the office if you show flu-like signs, cold/fever, chills or coughing.
- Staff will not shake hands with or hug any of our patients. Please don’t take it personally. 🙂
- We will be practicing safe distancing within the clinic and we ask that you do your best to keep a minimum of 6 feet between you and other patients.
Steps the practice is taking
- Appointment times will be spaced further apart to ensure social distancing.
- Hand sanitation stations are available at the entrance and throughout the practice
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at the front check-in desk
- All of our staff and doctors will be wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including masks and/or face-shields.
- Spread-out patient chairs in the optical and reception area – at least 6 feet apart.
- Each pre-testing and examination rooms are disinfected after every patient exam, including all surfaces, instrumentation, door handles, and equipment
- We will disinfect frames after a patient has contact with them.
- Regularly cleaning and disinfecting throughout the day of railings, door handles, counters, reception room areas, and all spaces where public interaction occurs.
- Limiting the number of patients in the office or any area at one time (Bourbonnais Fire Chief came to inspect and gave us clearance of occupancy of up to 25 people based on the size of our building)
- We will be aware of common “touch points” within the clinic such as doorknobs, counters, keyboard, phones, credit card machines, pens, etc… and will be disinfecting these as often as possible
- All reading material has been removed from the waiting area.
- No signatures on credit card receipts – touchless transactions when possible
- Curbside pick up of materials is available upon request by calling (815) 932-1116 from our parking lot.