Welcome to Dunlap Vision
Welcome to Dunlap Vision, the leader in eye care in the Kankakee River Valley area. Our optometrists in Bourbonnais, IL are proud to offer advanced technology in a professional, friendly environment. Our team of doctors and eye care staff are here to care for all your vision needs including comprehensive eye exams, diagnosis and treatment of eye diseases (from conjunctivitis to glaucoma), vision therapy and low vision care. Our clinic includes an optical showroom with exclusive lines of designer frames, an on-site lens manufacturing lab and a caring staff of optometrist and opticians.
Great Eyewear and Eye Care in Bourbonnais, Manteno & Wilmington, IL
From our office in Bourbonnais, Dunlap Vision serves patients from Illinois' Kankakee River Valley, including Bradley, Kankakee, Manteno, and Wilmington, IL - schedule an appointment today. If you have a moment, please give us your feedback about our site and your experiences with Dunlap Vision.
Q&A with Dr. Dunlap
Dr. Dunlap Answers Your Eyecare Questions
When I wear my contacts, at the end of the day, my eyes are usually dry and uncomfortable. What can I do to alleviate this problem?
- Work with your optometrist to find the most comfortable lens material/brand for your eyes.
- Use one-day disposable lenses. With dailies, the lenses are worn once and then discarded along with the protein and bacteria deposits acquired during the day, both can lead to discomfort.
- If you choose to not wear dailies, be sure you are changing your contacts according to your doctor’s recommendation, stretching the life of the lenses can also lead to discomfort and infection.
- Choose a contact lens solution that will not only disinfect your lenses appropriately, but will also moisturize your lenses to allow for maximum comfort. Not all multipurpose solutions do this effectively.
- Rewetting drops or tear drops are effective in helping to moisturize the contacts during the day as well. Not all drops are safe to use with contacts, but your optometrist can help you choose the best drop for your eyes.
The option that is right for you is based on multiple factors and can be discussed with your optometrist.
Buy Now, Pay Later. Get what you need today. We offer 12 months at 0% financing through Care Credit.
- Nov 23, 2015 - How Do We See?
Have you ever thought about how vision works? It's an incredible system and process! More »
- Nov 12, 2015 - The Holidays are Coming - Gift Certificates Available & Our Holiday Hours
- Nov 2, 2015 - How to Prevent Diabetic Vision Loss
Prevention and treatment for eye complications associated with Diabetes More »
- Oct 25, 2015 - The Importance of Proper Contact Lens Measurements and Fitting